The Metis Lighthouse
Author : Alexander Reford with the assistance of Paul Gendron

The Metis Lighthouse outlines the history of one of the most identifiable buildings in the Lower St. Lawrence -the light- house in Métis-sur-Mer. A vestige of the maritime activity on the St. Lawrence River once central to the economy of the region, the first lighthouse was erected in Métis in 1874. No longer in use for navigational purposes, the lighthouse remains an icon for the residents of the community. Historian Alexander Reford and Paul Gendron, a descendant of long-serving lighthouse keeper, Octave Gendron, present the story of the lighthouse and its keepers with a selection of photographs and illustrations.

48 pages / colour
$ 10.00
[ Back to online shopping ]